12 ways to relax after a long and busy day
1. Take time to laugh - Laughter stimulates the release of endorphins and dopamine, relaxes the whole body and relieves the stress.
2. Do some light exercises - Exercising helps you clear your head by burning off all the mental energy saved up during a long day at work or school.
3. Get outside if you can - It will help you relax, especially if you have been working inside all day, spending time in nature helps reset your mental energy so you can be productive again tomorrow.
4. Listen to music or nature sounds - Any type of music you enjoy will work, as long as it promotes peaceful feelings and happiness.
5. Spend time with your pet - Give them lots of love and attention to benefit the both of you.
6. Call or spend time with a loved one - If you have a family at home, do something special together or talk with a friend and share some laughs.
7. Take a hot shower or bath - Warm water helps relax your muscles and increase circulation, it’s almost like getting a massage.
8. Have a cup of herbal tea - Try chamomile, lemongrass or lemon balm, or verbena, sipping on a warm drink can help soothe your body and your mind
9. Read a book or magazine - Listen to an audiobook if you prefer, it’s a great way to relax while focusing your thoughts elsewhere.
10. Write in your journal - Journaling can help you process your emotions for that day. Set aside 5 to 10 minutes to write about what you did that day, how you felt, or what you’re looking forward to. Get everything off your chest so you can focus on relaxing.
11. Try meditation - Meditating for 10 minutes per day can lower your stress levels, just lie or sit comfortably, close your eyes, and take deep breaths while counting each inhale and each exhale, up to 10.
12. Practice mindfulness - Stay present at the moment to relax your mind, don`t think about the past and stop worrying about the future, think about NOW. Good ones for letting go of a long day include: "Sometimes things are the way they are for a reason;" "Tomorrow is a new day;" and "At this hour, you cannot do anything to change, so rest instead."